Teaser trailer was shown... We'll have video of this trailer soon.
Cast members showed up alongside writer/creator Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris, author of the books that led to the show answered various questions.
Highlights of the panel:
* A True Blood drink, a reddish orange soda will be released around September.
* Michelle Forbes was asked about what makes sci-fi such a breeding ground for strong female characters (of which she’s played quite a few). She said that sci-fi allows us to see a more ideal future, and imagine a world that isn’t as restricted by normal values.
* Charlaine Harris mentioned that the show has upped the sex and violence from her novels.
* Harris also confirmed that she is signed for three more Sookie Stackhouse novels.
* Alan Ball is excited about adapting the Mississippi Vampires story, as well as making the character Debbie Pelt a reality.
* There will be no Elvis in the show because it’s hard to pull off on TV. Ball argued that it will look very fake, and he thinks it will take us out of the show if they attempted it.
* The Eric/Sookie/Bill love triangle from the books will happen at some point.
* Alexander Skarsgård seems to have a very deep understanding of Eric. He doesn’t think he’s evil, since he’s very loyal to the few he keeps close. He’s also attempting to save Godrick purely out of love. He seems to grasp the complexities of the character.