The game was in development but the original publisher Brash went bankrupt. Konami have now picked up and revealed what they can to Variety - including a few screenshots.
* It will be released this fall to coincide with Saw VI in cinemas.
* The game will be released on PS3, X-Box 360 and PC.
* No sequel is planned yet but Konami are certainly hoping for a franchise.
* Konami see Silent Hill as their creepy game franchise, instead want Saw to be repulsive - about a kind of “graphic, intense horror that overwhelms you”.
* The game’s plot will be new, but will tie into the films. Somehow.
* The play location is an asylum, and the player character will navigate the game map deciding how - or even if - they will attempt to save individuals caught in Jigsaw’s traps.
* Tobin Bell has provided the voice for Jigsaw, though Variety had to confirm this through secondary sources.
* Twisted Pictures have been involved in a consulting capacity.