MI:4 Continues To Do Well At The Box Office Going Into The New Year
Reported by Jay Cochran - 06:20 PM 2012.01.01
"Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" continues to do well at the box office holding on to its number 1 spot for a second week in a row with an estimated take of $31.2 million.
"Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" holds at number 2 with an estimated take of $22 million, and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" moves back into the the number 3 spot with an estimated take of $18.2 million after being knocked out of that spot last week by "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" which fell to the number 5 spot this week with an estimated take of $16.3 million.
Taking the number 4 spot this week was Steven Spielberg's "War Horse" which brought in an estimated take of $16.9 million in its second week.
The ten estimated top-producing motion pictures for the weekend, per data collected as of Sunday, January 1, 2012 include:
1. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol: $31,250,000
2. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows: $22,095,000
3. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked: $18,250,000
4. War Horse: $16,940,000
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011): $16,300,000
6. We Bought a Zoo: $14,300,000
7. The Adventures of Tintin: $12,000,000
8. New Year's Eve: $6,741,000
9. The Darkest Hour: $4,300,000
10. The Muppets: $3,650,000