4Kids TV Celebrates Sixth Season on FOX with Action-Packed Fall Line-up
Reported by Jay Cochran - 03:54 PM 2007.09.07
Get your game face on! 4Kids TV is rolling out an all new look and an all new attitude when it unveils “The Game Station” on Saturday, September 8th. This is the sixth year that 4Kids Entertainment is programming the 4-hour Saturday morning kids block on Fox, and to celebrate, it’s unleashing the most action-packed slate of original shows to date. 4Kids will add three new series to its lineup of popular returning shows, which includes Chaotic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward, Viva Piñata, Sonic X and Winx Club.
“Kids don’t just watch TV anymore—they want to get involved, interact – experience the characters, the stories and the action for themselves,” said Alfred R. Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. “‘The Game Station’ is the perfect moniker to reflect that our shows are all about having fun and getting into the game -- either on-air, on-line, or in a multitude of ways that we’ll make available to our fans throughout the year.”
To support the new season, 4Kids has launched The Game Station Sweepstakes. 4Kids teamed up with Six Flags Theme Parks and K·B Toys on this major multi-level promotion. Kids received sweepstakes brochures and limited edition collectible card packs – all driving viewers to tune-in to 4Kids TV throughout the month of September to join in to The Game Station Sweepstakes. One Grand Prize Winner will be awarded four Video Game Systems, along with a $4,000 cash prize. One First Prize Winner will receive a set of four season passes redeemable at participating Six Flags Theme Parks. Twenty five Second Prize Winners will receive one $50 K·B Toys Gift Card.
There are three newcomers to the 4Kids TV line-up this fall. From dinosaurs to boot-camp style competition to dynamic duels, this season’s most-buzzed-about debuts are:
- Dinosaur King (premieres September 8, 10:30am): Dinosaurs are back -- and they’re bigger, badder and better than ever! Best friends Max, Rex and Zoe discover an amazing secret -- they can bring dinosaurs to life and control them with ancient stone fragments and mysterious cards. An evil organization called “Alpha Gang,” led by Dr. Z, traveled back in time and accidentally scattered the Dinosaur Cards around the world here in the present. Now it’s up to the kids of The D-Team to race across the planet, control the dinosaurs and save the 21st Century!
- The Adrenaline Project (debuts September 29, 8:00am): This action-packed reality series drops five thrill-seeking teens at Base Camp each week to train for a chance to experience the ultimate rush. They’ll compete head-to-head for victory in the unknown final event where they may be asked to do anything from zipline, scuba dive, white water kayak or even bungee jump. The series is designed to motivate and inspire teen viewers to learn the importance of well-being with its emphasis on physical fitness, teamwork, and friendly competition.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (premieres September 8, 8:30am): The hit series based on the card game phenomenon makes its broadcast debut on 4Kids TV! Imagine going to the world’s most prestigious dueling prep school: Duel Academy, where the Duel Monsters card game is the entire curriculum! Jaden and his friends are officially upperclassmen as they face new rivals, new monsters, and a whole new semester of non-stop adventure.
4Kids powerhouse line-up is returning with all-new episodes for many of its most popular shows, including:
- Chaotic (September 8, 9:00am): Chaotic follows the adventures of a group of teens who are fans of the Chaotic trading card and online game. They discover that the one-of-a-kind, alphanumeric codes on their trading cards are scans of real creatures, battle locations, battle gear and “Mugic.” The teens travel to Perim, the land of the Creature tribes, to capture codes of hundreds of unique Creatures. By watching the animated series, viewers can discover battle strategies and tips that will aid them in mastering the Chaotic Trading Card Game in-person or online at www.ChaoticGame.com. (New Episodes)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (September 8, 9:30 and 10:00am): The green team supreme are off for a shell of an adventure a century ahead! Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael find themselves in the year 2105 – where walking, talking ninja turtles fit right in with interplanetary aliens in the futuristic New York City! The action heroes sport a whole new look as they face amazing adventures and square off against new foes in an exciting world of cutting-edge technology. (New Episodes)
- Viva Piñata (September 8, 11:00am): Sure, they’re the life of the party – but being a piñata is not all that it’s cracked up to be! Head to Piñata Island for non-stop laughs from the craziest comedy on television. Amazing CGI animation combines with the most hilarious situations featuring everyone’s favorite piñatas: Hudson Horstachio, Franklin Fizzlybear, Fergy Fudgehog Paulie Pretztail, and dozens more. You’ll laugh so hard your sides will split… Hey -- does that make you a piñata too!???! (New Episodes)
- Sonix X (September 8, 11:30am): Follow the adventures of Sonic and friends. They must stop the evil genius Dr. Eggman from getting the powerful Chaos Emeralds. If Dr. Eggman gets his hands on the Chaos Emeralds, he will take over the world!
- Winx Club (September 8 to September 22, 8:00am): The adventures of teenage fairies Bloom, Flora, Stella, Musa, Layla and protect the Realm of Magix from Evil. (New Episodes – Series Finale)
4Kids TV airs nationwide on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m EST on the FOX Broadcasting Network.
Complementing the broadcast network launch is the popular website, www.4Kids.tv which will re-launch with brand new features and functionality. The website offers kids a 24/7 destination for streaming videos, games, promotions and much more. The additions will include customized personal profiles and avatars, message boards, emails and buzz feeds on the latest pop culture news and new games based on 4Kids TV shows.