Hasbro had some G.I.Joe Resolute character art for their upcoming animated series on display today at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con. We have added additional images, check them out below in our IMAGE GALLERY
The cartoon is titled "G.I.Joe Resolute" and is produced by Sam Register, Written by Warren Ellis, Directed by Joaqui, Dos Santos and lead animation is by David Johnson.
- We can expect to see classic vehicles like the Flagg and have gone all out on the animation.
- Charlie Evans is doing the voice of Cobra Commander. He did the voice of Low Light in the original G.I.Joe cartoon.
- There are ten 5 minute segments with one 10 minute finale. They hope to eventually show it in full on someplace like Cartoon Network or DVD's.
- Dan Norton is one of the background artists for this series. They showed art of the Flagg morgue, the U.N., and The G.I.Joe situation room.
- They use real life equipment like a satellite.
- The Flagg has a more updated look. The bridge is round and the whole design is sleeker.
- They have new Jetpacks. You can go to YouTube and look up something called jetpack man and see something that looks like the ones the Joe's will use. The Skystriker is based on an YF-22 now
- They tried to keep the color schemes from the classic characters for each of the characters. They showed Duke, Gung-Ho (chest is covered), Lady Jaye with a hat, Scatlett, Tunnel Rat, Storm Shadow who looks like a combination of V1 and V2.
- We could see something similar for other Hasbro brands like Transformers if this cartoon does well. It was said this is the direction they would like to head with all their brands. However they did not say a Transformers cartoon was guaranteed to happen by any means.
- Lady Jaye will be kind of like Starbuck from the new BSG.
- Destro, Baroness, Cobra Commander among others will be characters we see. Cobra Commander is serious and ruthless in this series. He kills a baby seal in the first episode (Possibly said as a joke to underscore his ruthlessness).
- Characters could die in this series.
- There will be little to no blood shown, essentially this cartoon will be rated PG-13.
- This series will debut in the 1st quarter of 2009.
- The episodes are somewhat self-contained with an overall story-arc that goes throughout the series.
- There will be some toys based on this series coming in 2009.
- Duke is pretty much in charge of the team and Flint will be the second in command. There is not going to be much focus on behind the desk leaders in this series. What you knew of Duke in the past may not be the same as what this Duke will be. Warren Ellis tried to improve characters where he thought it was needed.
- The guns shoot bullets in this series and not lasers.
- That is it for cartoon news, now on to toys.